Poster sessions are critical to the success of the conference, contributing to both the breadth and the depth of coverage in photovoltaic technology. Poster presentations make it possible for a large number of important developments in the field of photovoltaics to be shared. In addition, the poster sessions allow authors the opportunity to interact personally with the attendees, network with interested parties, and discuss research results at a level of detail that cannot be approached within the formal questions following an oral presentation.
As a Poster Presenter, the following outlines your responsibilities:
- Poster Size - The area available for the poster is limited to a rectangle 40 inches tall by 42 inches wide (101 cm by 106 cm). Please make sure the poster fits within the allowed display area. Tables in front of poster boards are PROHIBITED.
- Poster Format - Poster materials must be legible from a distance of two meters. Lettering in text and figures should be at least 5 mm, and the headings should be at least 10 mm. The title of the paper, the authors, and their affiliations should appear near the top of the poster in letters approximately 25 mm high.
- Poster Mounting - The surface of the mounting board is pushpin friendly. Posters must be mounted to the boards with pushpins. We also recommend that you attach an envelope near the bottom of the poster for people to leave business cards for reprints, etc. Please do not leave reprints of the paper on the floor.
- Present your poster in person at the designed time. The posters will be displayed in the exhibit hall. Poster boards will be arranged with letters designating each aisle and numbers indicating poster position within the aisle. Specific locations for your poster will be available on this website in June.
- You are required to check-in at the poster registration desk before your poster session time. The poster registration desk will be located in the exhibit hall near the front of the poster area and will be open for registration up to 30 minutes before every session. If you do not check in, your poster will be recorded as not presented and your abstract information will not be published.
- Prior to the conference: Poster session chairs will familiarize themselves with the poster content and review technical content.
- After the posters are hung: Poster session chairs will select the top three to four posters as finalists for best poster; a star will be placed on theseposters to indicate their selection.
- During the poster session: The session chairs will listen to the poster presenter’s summary.
- Organized to guide observer through information in a logical order; provides the motivation/objectives and approach of the research, summarizes the key results and highlights the impact of the work.
- Proper use of graphics, figures, text and white space to allow for easy viewing.
- Proper text scaling for comfortable viewing.
- Efficient use of graphics to convey complex information.
- Research is novel (e.g., discusses novel material development, novel device design, novel conversion mechanism, novel theoretical approach, novel characterization method, etc.).
- Research addresses a critical gap in PV technology.
- Systematic analysis conducted to arrive at results.
- Conclusions are fully supported by data.
- Results represent a significant advancement over the current status of the field or provide a critical breakthrough that will allow such advancement.
- An organized and concise summary of the work is presented, emphasizing the motivation/objectives, approach, key results, and impact of findings.
- Presenter is knowledgeable in all aspects of poster andable to address specific questions about the presented research.
- Presenter understands the broader impact of the work and can suggest potential methods for extending the research.
REMEMBER: No Paper, No Podium. If you (or a co-author) do not check-in at the poster registration and present your poster in person, your abstract will not be included in the proceedings. Be sure to check the online program to confirm your poster session time and length.
The poster session chairs will judge the posters based on Clarity of Presentation, Technical Merit, Impact and Oral Presentation. These categories are described in more detail below. One winner will be selected at every poster session and the winner will receive a certificate.
Poster Reviewing CriteriaClarity of Presentation